The Garden Club of Fair Haven
Fair Haven, New Jersey 07704
Serving The Community Since 1951
- Borough of Fair Haven - Town Plantings and holiday decorations at Borough Hall, Memorial Park, Police Station, and McCarter gates.
- Garden Therapy – Prepare flower tray arrangements for Mobile Meals participants.
- Harding Bird Sanctuary – Maintain the site and signage. New native planting area added in 2007.
- Juniors – Sponsor and support a junior club, including plantings, nature walks, & environmental awareness.
- Plant Sale – Our annual fund-raiser and source of horticultural information for the public.
- Random Acts of Beauty Awards - In conjunction with the Borough of Fair Haven, club members select residences, community garden plots and businesses exemplifying (self-maintained) horticultural excellence to receive proclamations from the Mayor and Council.
- Scholarship – Awarded annually to one or more qualified students who intend to or are pursuing horticultural/environmental science studies.
- President’s Projects – Each term, the club President spearheads a civic project to benefit and beautify the Borough of Fair Haven or to support National Garden Club standards. Past projects include replacing the fence at the Bird Sanctuary, landscaping an area at the Borough’s Memorial Park, presenting Garden Education Forums, and sponsoring Standard Flower Shows. In 2010, using club funds, GCFH designed and landscaped the plantings and seating area at the front of the Borough of Fair Haven's Municipal Building. In 2013 & 2014, GCFH spearheaded dune restoration and beautification projects in the Super Storm Sandy-ravaged Borough of Sea Bright, NJ.